Zilog's ePIR is a fully functional motion-detecting single-board computer (SBC). Combined on this board are a Z8 Encore! XP MCU, and a Murata passive infrared (PIR) sensor, which is shielded by a Fresnel lens. Taking advantage of the processing capabilities of the Z8 MCU, the ePIR uses a powerful new statistical processing method to provide exceptional motion detection performance.
The ePIR provides two interface modes: a simple hardware interface and more advanced serial method. If you're using the hardware interface, the motion detect (MD) pin will go low when motion is detected. In serial mode, the ePIR is read and configured using the defined set of commands - all sent asynchronously at 9600 baud (8-N-1).
The physcial interface of the ePIR is an 8-pin, 0.1" pitch male header.
- Complete, fully functional motion detection SBC including low profile Fresnel lens
- Advanced software based motion detection algorithms provide superior sensitivity and stability
- 2.7-3.6VDC operating voltage
- Typical current draw: 8.9mA
- Wide 5 x 5m, 60 degree detection pattern
- Simple hardware or advanced serial (UART) based configuration and interface
- Adjustable sensitivity, delay and ambient light threshold
- SLEEP mode for low power applications
- No temperature compensation required
- Dynamic PIR sensor stabilization minimizes power-on time
- Photocell input for ambient light detection in lighting applications
- Minimal components ensure highest possible Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
- Production ready solution or develop your own custom software application
- Complete development system available (ZEPIR000101ZCOG)
Dimensions: 25.5 x 16.7 mm
No posts found
No FAQ found