The MB7078 XL-MaxSonar-WRCa offers an additional stability filter for all outputted range readings. This provides users with an extra layer of protection from noise and anomalous readings.
For users that can afford the extra mounting size and weight selecting the similar MB7072 unit is recommended for better performance.
Compact outdoor ultrasonic rangefinder component modules
The weather resistant XL-MaxSonar-WRCA is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL‑MaxSonar-WRC sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long range detection zones.
A few of our most popular outdoor modules have been made available in a lighter, more compact, package.
The MB7068 is the pulse width output version of this sensor.
The MB7070 is the standard version of this sensor.
The MB7077 is the non-filtered version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz reading rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Analog Envelope
- Possible dead zone 0-4 cm, objects closer than 20 cm range as 20 cm
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4" National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Additional stability filter rejects occasional anomalous readings
- Maximum reported range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Maximum range to most targets of 645cm (254 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
For more information including tutorials, see our MaxBotix Home Page
No posts found
No FAQ found