The Micro Maestro is the first of Pololu's second-generation USB servo controllers. With three control methods - USB for direct connection to a PC computer, TTL serial for use with embedded systems, and internal scripting for self-contained, host controller-free applications - and channels that can be configured as servo outputs for use with radio control (RC) servos or electronic speed controls (ESCs), digital outputs, or analog inputs, the Pololu Micro Maestro is a highly versatile six-channel servo controller and general I/O board in a highly compact 21.5 x 30.5mm package. The extremely accurate, high-resolution servo pulses have a jitter of less than 200 ns, making this servo controller well suited for high-precision animatronics, and built-in speed and acceleration control make it easy to achieve smooth, seamless movements without requiring the control source to constantly compute and stream intermediate position updates to the Micro Maestro.
This fully assembled version of the Micro Maestro ships with 0.1" male header pins soldered as shown in the product picture. A USB A to mini-B cable (not included) is required to connect this device to a computer.
* Three control methods: USB, TTL (5V) serial, and internal scripting
* 0.25uS output pulse width resolution (corresponds to approximately 0.025° for a typical servo, which is beyond what the servo could resolve)
* Pulse rate configurable from 33 to 100 Hz
* Wide pulse range of 64 to 3280 uS when using all six servos with a pulse rate of 50 Hz
* Individual speed and acceleration control for each channel
* Channels can also be used as general-purpose digital outputs or analog inputs
* A simple scripting language lets you program the controller to perform complex actions even after its USB and serial connections are removed
* Free configuration and control application for Windows makes it easy to:
o Configure and test your controller
o Create, run, and save sequences of servo movements for animatronics and walking robots
o Write, step through, and run scripts stored in the servo controller
* Virtual COM port makes it easy to create custom applications to send serial commands via USB to the controller
* TTL serial features:
o Supports 300 - 250000 kbps in fixed-baud mode
o Supports 300 - 115200 kbps in autodetect-baud mode
o Simultaneously supports the Pololu protocol, which gives access to advanced functionality, and the simpler Scott Edwards MiniSSC II protocol (there is no need to configure the device for a particular protocol mode)
o Can be daisy-chained with other Pololu servo and motor controllers using a single serial transmit line
* Board can be powered off of USB or a 5 - 16 V battery, and it makes the regulated 5V available to the user
* Compact size of 2.16 × 3.05 cm and light weight of 4.8 g
* Upgradable firmware
* Serial servo controller for multi-servo projects (e.g. robot arms, animatronics) based on BASIC Stamp or Arduino platforms
* PC-based servo control over USB port
* PC interface for sensors and other electronics:
o Read a gyro or accelerometer from a PC for novel user interfaces
o Control a string of ShiftBrites from a PC for mood lighting
* General I/O expansion for microcontroller projects
* Programmable, self-contained Halloween or Christmas display controller that responds to sensors
* Self-contained servo tester
The Pololu USB SDK contains the code you need for making your own applications that use native USB to control the USB AVR Programmer or the Maestro Servo Controller.
The ZIP archive contains the installation files for the Maestro Control Center and Windows drivers. The tar/gzip archive contains the binary executable files for the Maestro Control Center and the Maestro command-line utility (UscCmd) for Linux.
Use the file with the Maestro Control Center to upgrade your Micro Maestro's firmware. This update contains a bug fix that will make 'Ignore' mode work for servo channels. The update is recommended for devices with an earlier firmware version number, including all devices shipped before November 19, 2009.
Also available in 12 channel, 18 channel and 24 channel versions, see related products below.
No posts found