We are closed on Monday 27 May for a Spring Bank Holiday. Business as normal from Tuesday 28th.
Powered Wheel Hub Motors
The HUB-ee is a type of robot servo but designed for wheels, in fact it is a wheel, but it is also a motor, a sensor and a motor controller.
When you want to add wheels to your robot you would normally start with a whole collection of parts: The motor and gearbox, a motor driver board, and maybe some sensors for measuring wheel speed and a controller to count revolutions or provide closed loop speed control.
Creative Robotics thought it would be handy if you could just buy a wheel that had all of those things build in so they set about designing one and the result is the HUB-ee - just bolt it onto a chassis, apply power and away you go!
- Removable 12mm gearmotor - available in a range of gear ratios (currently available 20:1 and 30:1)
- Integrated, open source PCB with:
- Motor driver IC
- 32 stripe (128 counts per revolution) quadrature encoder
- Designed for tyres or tank tracks
- Two internal threaded inserts (metric M3 or imperial 4/40) make it easy to bolt on to a chassis.
- Compatible mounting sockets (with a Mindstorms NXT compatible PCB coming soon!)
They are easy to take apart so you can remove or replace the motor or electronics, and we are developing a range of different circuit boards with features ranging from LEGO NXT compatibility to full closed loop speed control (so you can plug it in and control it as easily as a hobby servo).
Pronunciation? ... It's HUB as in wheel hub, with an ee as in e-mail.
LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies