The solar garden light is an interesting project that uses sustainable energy to illuminate a white LED. During the day the solar panel charges an AA battery, then when it goes dark the board automatically switches from charging the battery to illuminating the LED.
The solar panel is resin encapsulated and therefore waterproof. You will need to make a waterproof enclosure for the rest of the parts. Alternatively the board has been shaped so that it will fit into an old jar.
This kit includes:
- 1 x solar cell (60mm by 60mm)
- 1 x 500mAh rechargeable AA battery
- 1 x 22ohm resistor
- 1 x 330ohm resistor
- 1 x 1Kohm resistor
- 1 x 10Kohm resistor
- 1 x 100Kohm resistor
- 2 x 2nF capacitors, ceramic
- 1 x Ultra bright wide view LED
- 2 x BC337 transistors
- 1 x AA battery holder, PCB mounting
- 2 x 470uH inductors
- 1 x BAT41 diode
- 0.5m connecting wire (for solar cell)
- 1 x solar garden light PCB
PCB dimensions: 44mm x 56mm.
This kit is supplied in a blister retail packaging with printed instructions. It is also available in a simple grip seal bag version without printed instructions
No posts found
No FAQ found